2018 GMC Terrain Engine Specs
The compact 2018 GMC Terrain engine specs deliver the power, capability, and efficiency modern drivers demand. With three capable powerplants to choose from and a host of additional features that make driving on- or off-road a delight, the Terrain is a one-of-a-kind vehicle that already has Huntington drivers talking.
Variety is the name of the game with the 2018 GMC Terrain. Drivers can take advantage of three potent, responsive engines to power the daily drive:
- 1.5 L Turbocharged Gas Engine: The gas-sipping 1.5 L powerplant delivers 170 hp and 203 lb.-ft. of torque when paired to the standard 9-speed transmission. Drivers can also expect an EPA-estimated 26 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway fuel economy.
- 2.0 L Turbocharged Gasoline Engine: For more power, drivers can step up to the 2.0 L engine that generates 252 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque when paired with the 9-speed automatic transmission. In recent government testing, this powerplant delivered 22 mpg/city and 28 mpg/highway fuel efficiency.
- 1.6 L Turbocharged Diesel Engine: Diesel lovers rejoice in the 1.6 L diesel engine that provides 137 hp and 240 lb.-ft. of torque when mated to the 6-speed transmission. This motor offers an astounding 28 mpg/city and 39 mpg/highway fuel economy.
Other Performance Highlights
Potent engines aren’t the Terrain’s only claim to fame. Abundant additional features make driving the Terrain safer, more responsive, and all-around more fun:
- Multimode Front-Wheel-Drive: Drivers can choose from Normal/Tour, Snow, and Tow/Haul Modes for enhanced performance on even the base drivetrain.
- Responsive All-Wheel-Drive: Those who opt for all-wheel drive can take advantage of multiple modes as well, including FWD for improved fuel economy, AWD for enhance traction, Off-Road for stability control, and Tow/Haul for enhancing trailer performance.
- Advanced Driver Assistance: Available features such as Rear Park Assist, Blind Zone and Lane Change Alerts, Lane Departure Warning, And Lane Keep Assist help drivers to keep the vehicle between the lines.
Test-drive the GMC Terrain in Fort Wayne, IN
The GMC Terrain engine specs only tell half the story. See the rest when you schedule a test drive at Kelley Automotive Group. Contact us today at 260-494-3423 or visit our showroom at 633 Avenue of Autos in Fort Wayne, IN to get started and take advantage of our competitive financing offers.